Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yevhen Seleznyov: “Football gives me everything I strive for”


The transfer of the Ukrainian national team forward has changed little in the life of the top goalscorer of the previous championship. As earlier, Yevhen Seleznyov is the most accurate marksman at his club though, if truth be told, for him to repeat the result of 17 goals the striker will have to score 9 times in the last 10 games of the current season.














Shakhtar forward Yevhen Seleznyov in an traditional questionnaire with the "Ukraine-2012" magazine.

Yevhen, who would you have become if there were no football?
I have not thought about this. I respect other professions, but I see myself only on a football field.

With whom would you like to play in the same team?
With Maradona, the best player of all times.

What kinds of sports, besides football, carry you away?
I prefer sports games. But, of course, football is the king of sports.

Who is the most prominent sportsman of all times?  
It’s too difficult to compare but important for all prominent personalities to properly fulfill their job and to advance sports.

The most recent film you have seen.
“The Fir-Trees” was the most recent one I saw in the cinema. In general, I prefer adventure films, and I like action films.

Your favourite actor and actress.
They are those who do not hinder watching a film.

What book impressed you most recently?
I would note The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho.

Is a pet a family member?
Yes, of course. Now I have a dog, a Yorkshire terrier.

What TV programme do you try not to miss?
There is nothing of the kind. I watch “The Football Weekend” and “The Third Half” if I have time.

Have you got preferences in cookery?
Spaghetti. I like delicious fish and meat. My wife cooks very well.

What do you like most of all?
Football. It gives me everything I strive for.

What is the most important event in your life?
The birth of a baby. Of course, this is also the possibility to play big football.

Are there things which disappoint you?
I hate lies of any kind. In this case a person looks silly.

It there anything of which you are afraid?
I worry about my family. I cannot imagine the end of my football career either.

Please tell us: what is the best way to get rid of stress?
You come home and enter, and your baby meets you there with a smile. However down at heart you are, your troubles are quickly forgotten.

Your formula of success is…
Diligence is the mother of good luck. There is a chip of talent, while the rest is thousands of hours of training.

What three things would you take to a desert island?
I do not imagine myself in this situation.

Is there a question with which you are fed up?
I respect journalists, and therefore I give answers to everything they are interested in.

What irritates you so much that you can lose your temper?
If I am on a football field, I do not respect overly cunning people.

When and for what reason did you most recently laugh with all your heart?
It is easy to cheer me up. I most recently laughed for some minutes before your call when I spoke to my son.

What expensive things did you buy most recently?
I had been dreaming about a house for a long time. I got one recently.

Is one million dollars a great deal or little?
I think the sum is attractive for you either.

What would you do with this money if you had it?
I set particular tasks in the work I do, so let others outline idealistic schemes.

What would you change in our country?
Let politicians change: they get paid money for this.

What is the most comfortable country for living?
I love Ukraine, and I am not going to leave it. My home is here.

In your opinion, what invention of mankind is the most important one?
First there was fire and now the Internet. Something else will be invented tomorrow.

What car do you drive?
I chose the car make not so much for prestige but for comfort: Maserati in summer, and a Porsche together with my wife in winter.

Source: http://www.ukraine2012.gov.ua/en/interviews/51419/

0 comments:

Post a Comment